The Cornelius Police Department would like to share the following tips with our residents to remember while driving in bad weather:
• Take caution while driving. Drive without distractions.
• Allow extra time to get to your destination.
• Decrease your speed and increase your driving distance between other cars.
• Brake gently to avoid skidding on ice.
• Be especially careful on bridges, overpasses and infrequently traveled roads which will freeze first.
• Turn headlights on to increase visibility.
• Obey all traffic laws and always buckle up.
• Do not drive unless it is absolutely necessary.