To meet a critical community need during the COVID-19 crisis and the current North Carolina remote learning plans, the Cornelius PARC Department is offering a new program, PARCplus, a full-day experience that blends each child’s online school curriculum with full-day supervision and limited camp-like activities.
Goals & Objectives
- Provide a safe, positive, and structured learning environment for students entering grades 1-6
- Provide full-day care (traditional school-day plus afterschool hours) for families and parents in need
- Encourage positive learning opportunities in a structured environment, with program supervision provided by Cornelius PARC Department staff
- Follow federal, state, and local health and safety guidance in the operation of programs, activities, and other events, to help reduce or prevent the spread of COVID-19
PARCplus Extended Past Spring Break
- For children in 1st-6th grade
- Maximum 21 children per week
- Wednesdays only: March 31, April 14, April 21, April 28, May 5
- 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. each day
- Fees: $30 per day for Cornelius residents and $40 for all others
- Cornelius Arts Center, 19725 Oak Street, Unit 1
- Masks, fully charged laptops or tablets, headsets or earbuds, and school supplies are required
Questions & Answers
Who is the target audience for PARCplus?
The program is for elementary students in grades 1-6. Eligible students include those enrolled in area public schools, charter schools, or private schools.
Will my child need to bring his/her own supplies?
Students must provide all necessary supplies and materials including, but not limited to laptop computers or tablets, earphones, and any other materials necessary for participation in scheduled classes. Additionally, all students must have access, with log-in information, to a complete educational program or curriculum provided by their public school, charter school, or private school. All students MUST wear masks while indoors and when outdoors if social distancing cannot be maintained.
Is this a weekly or monthly program? Can I register for all the weeks or can I choose the weeks?
We recognize that some families do not need every week due to intermittent work-from-home vs. office schedules, travel, etc. You can choose any or all dates available.
When is payment due?
Full payment for all registered days is due upon registration.
Are there discounts for multiple children in the same family or multiple weeks?
No, our pricing is already at the minimum cost that allows us to offer this program.
How does the scholarship program work?
If your child or children qualify for the CMS Lunch Assistance Program and you are Cornelius residents, you would qualify for our scholarships. Scholarship applications must be accompanied by supporting documentation, such as the CMS Lunch Assistance approval letter. Approximately 20% of our PARCplus spaces will be available for scholarships. Please call or email us for any other questions regarding scholarships.
What if I don't live in Cornelius?
All are welcome, though non-residents will pay a higher weekly or daily fee and are not eligible for scholarships.