To meet a critical community need during the COVID-19 crisis and the current North Carolina remote learning plans, the Cornelius PARC Department is offering a new program, PARCplus, a full-day experience that blends each child’s online school curriculum with full-day supervision and limited camp-like activities.
Goals & Objectives
- Provide a safe, positive, and structured learning environment for students entering grades 1-6
- Provide full-day care (traditional school-day plus afterschool hours) for families and parents in need
- Encourage positive learning opportunities in a structured environment, with program supervision provided by Cornelius PARC Department staff
- Follow federal, state, and local health and safety guidance in the operation of programs, activities, and other events, to help reduce or prevent the spread of COVID-19
Registration opens Wednesday, December 16, for Cornelius residents and
on Monday, December 21, to the general public.
Program & Registration Details
- Now extended: January 4 - February 19, 2021
- For children who in 1st-6th grade
- Maximum 21 children per week
- Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Cornelius Arts Center, 19725 Oak Street, Unit 1
- Registration by the week, $150 per child per week for Cornelius residents, and $200 per child per week for non-residents. Residency may be subject to verification. (NOTE: PARC+ will NOT meet on Martin Luther King Jr Day, January 18, so that week's camp fee will be prorated to $120 per child per week for Cornelius residents and $160 per week for non-residents). Registration is also offered by the day at $30 per child per day for Cornelius residents and $40 per child per day for non-residents.
- Limited scholarships available for Cornelius residents
- Masks, fully charged laptops or tablets, headsets or earbuds, and school supplies are required
Questions & Answers
Who is the target audience for PARCplus?
The program is for elementary students in grades 1-6. Eligible students include those enrolled in area public schools, charter schools, or private schools.
Will my child need to bring his/her own supplies?
Students must provide all necessary supplies and materials including, but not limited to laptop computers or tablets, earphones, and any other materials necessary for participation in scheduled classes. Additionally, all students must have access, with log-in information, to a complete educational program or curriculum provided by their public school, charter school, or private school. All students MUST wear masks while indoors and when outdoors if social distancing cannot be maintained.
Is this a weekly or monthly program? Can I register for all the weeks or can I choose the weeks?
We recognize that some families do not need every week due to intermittent work-from-home vs. office schedules, travel, etc. You can choose any or all dates available.
My child only attends school in person a couple of days during the week. Can I just register by the day for PARC+?
Yes! We offer registration by the week or by the day. Choose only the day or days each week that you need!
When is payment due?
Full payment for all registered days or weeks is due upon registration.
Are there discounts for multiple children in the same family or multiple weeks?
No, our pricing is already at the minimum cost that allows us to offer this program.
How does the scholarship program work?
If your child or children qualify for the CMS Lunch Assistance Program and you are Cornelius residents, you would qualify for our scholarships. Scholarship applications must be accompanied by supporting documentation, such as the CMS Lunch Assistance approval letter. Approximately 20% of our PARCplus spaces will be available for scholarships. Please call or email us for any other questions regarding scholarships.
What if I don't live in Cornelius?
All are welcome, though non-residents will pay a higher weekly or daily fee and are not eligible for scholarships.