Ways to Prevent False Alarms
Common Problems That Cause False Alarms
How You Can Prevent False Alarms
- Users entering wrong codes.
- Wandering pets that cause motion detectors to be activated.
- Drafts from heaters and air conditioning systems that move plants, curtains, balloons, etc.
- Open, unlocked, loose fitting doors and windows.
- Improper application or installation of motion detectors.
- Instruct all alarm users on the proper operation of your alarm system.
- Secure all animals that may activate the alarm when you are not home.
- Secure all windows and doors before activation of your alarm system.
- Notify your alarm company of any changes in responsible parties or problems with your system immediately.
- Have your alarm system checked annually by your alarm company.