Coaches & Other Volunteers
WE NEED YOU!
NOTE: If you coached in our 2021 Cornelius Polar Bear or Fall Flag Football League, you do not need to complete a Background Check Form.
*Applicants under the age of 18 yrs of age can only be in an assistant role.
- Fill out an application at the same time you register your child online here
- Download an application form. Competed application forms may be:
- dropped off at the park office in Cornelius or Davidson
- scanned & emailed to email@example.com
- faxed to CPRD at 704-896-2462
- mailed to Cornelius Parks & Recreation Department, PO Box 399, Cornelius, NC 28031
Coach's MeetingAll coaches are strongly encouraged to attend a coach's meeting held at the JV Washam Elementary School cafeteria, 9611 Westmorland Rd.
Meeting dates and times are as follows:
- Wednesday, November 3, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 10, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
At the coach’s meetings, we will discuss detailed information pertaining to the upcoming season, including league rules, drafting procedures, practice schedule, and more.
SCOREKEEPERS & TIMERSAre you a basketball fan looking for a way to volunteer in your community? Need more service hours? We need volunteers, ages 13 and up, to work shifts on game day Saturdays.
TrainingNo experience? No problem! We provide training: date, time and location TBD.
Read the Procedures for Scorekeepers & Timers
VolunteerEmail Gina Carmon or call her at 704-940-9644 She will need your name, home phone number, cell phone number, email address, times of availability and gym preference, if any.
In preparation for youth basketball, staff continues to assess how to conduct sports programs in the safest manner possible in accordance with the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services’(NCDHHS) Interim Guidance for Administrators of Youth and Amateur Sports Programs (August 6, 2021), Mecklenburg County Board of Health Rule (September 12, 2021), and Charlotte-Mecklenburg Board of Education Policy CFC 9142021 (September 14, 2021).
- At this time, due to Mecklenburg County and CMS requirements, all players, coaches, spectators, referees, etc., must wear a mask while indoors unless a medical or behavioral condition or disability exception applies. Face coverings will be required when entering any building for the program.