Team Assignments, Practices & Games
CPRD WILL consider requests for team assignment, practice time and/or night, etc., but ultimately team assignments are selected by the coaches during the draft process. Therefore, we CANNOT GUARANTEE we will or can honor any of the above requests. Special requests can be made as a transaction note, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or in person at the CPRD office (21445 Catawba Avenue, 2nd Floor). Once the draft has occurred, no players will be moved to another team. At the conclusion of the league draft, coaches will receive a copy of their team roster. Coaches should contact their team by Wednesday, September 7. Practices are tentatively scheduled to begin for all teams on Saturday, September 10, before moving to the weeknight practice schedule the week of September 12.
- Our refund policy remains in place, regardless of whether or not your special request was accommodated.
2022 Flag Football Draft Schedule TBA 2022 Flag Football Draft Rules TBA
One of this season’s program modifications will be parents providing skills assessments of their children in lieu of in-person skills evaluations (“skills days”). This modification will reduce in-person gatherings for staff, volunteer coaches, players, and their families. Please rate your child on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being very skilled at flag football and/or a strong knowledge of the sport, and 1 being unskilled or low-skilled at flag football and/or little to no knowledge of the sport. Parents will also be asked to share their child’s experience playing organized flag football by selecting from the following five options:
1. No experience
2. Limited experience such as participation in a flag football summer camp but no league play
3. One season of experience in a flag football league
4. Two to three seasons of experience in a flag football league
5. 4 or more seasons of experience in a flag football league
Coaches and their coaching partners will still have their children drafted to their teams. Siblings will also be drafted to the same team. These assignments will be in place automatically unless otherwise communicated as a transaction note during the registration process.
Staff will be conducting a random draft for the A division, and then coach-led draft for B, C, and D. Details regarding dates and the times will be distributed prior to the coaches’ meetings. All draft rules and procedures will also be discussed at the coaches’ meetings. Coaches will receive a copy of their team roster by the close of business on Tuesday, September 6. Coaches should notify the players on their team by Wednesday, September 7. Coaches, we highly recommend that you ask for a confirmation of receipt when emailing your team members.
CPRD reserves the right to modify the Team Assignment process as needed. Team Assignment protocols and procedures are subject to change based upon total registration.
LOCATIONS FOR GAMES & PRACTICESGames and practices are usually scheduled to be played at James Hoyt Wilhelm Park, 19018 Smith Circle (behind Cornelius Elementary School).
Our goal is to host all league activities on the multi-purpose fields at James Hoyt Wilhelm, however athletic field availability may necessitate the use of the multi-purpose field at Smithville Park. Any change in location of league activities will be communicated to coaches.
PLAYER EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS
- All participants must wear their official jersey at each game. Metal cleats will not be allowed, only tennis shoes or plastic/rubber cleats.
- All players must wear protective mouthpieces during each practice and each game. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Teams will practice one day each week. Practices are tentatively scheduled to begin for all teams on Saturday, September 10, before moving to the weeknight practice schedule the week of September 12. Equipment will be handed out at this time. All practices will last approximately one (1) hour.
- League games for all divisions are scheduled to begin on Saturday, September 17, with a scrimmage game. Regular season games should begin the following Saturday, September 24.
- For all divisions, teams will be scheduled to participate in six (6) regular season games followed by either a bowl game or a single elimination post-season tournament.
- The number of games and practices, dates, times, and locations, for all divisions, are subject to change based upon total registration (team numbers) and weather conditions.
- The Athletics Program Manager, or his designee, reserves the right to modify the total number of games, regular season and post-season schedules, as needed so that the season can end in a reasonable amount of time.
- League games will usually be played on Saturdays, but they may also be scheduled on an alternate weeknight in the event of schedule changes or postponements. Please be prepared to play on weeknights for tournament play.
Be prepared to attend practices and play games in a variety of weather conditions.
Weather Hotline, 704-896-2460 ext. 290.
Return to the Flag Football main page