Games & Practices - Polar Bear League
LOCATIONS FOR GAMES & PRACTICESGames are usually scheduled to be played on Saturdays and will take place at either:
- Bailey Road Park, synthetic turf football field, 11900 Bailey Road or;
- Smithville Park, multi-purpose field, 19710 S. Ferry Street
The final determination for the location of league activities will be communicated to coaches before the league begins play in early January.
PLAYER EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS
- All participants must wear their official jersey at each game. Metal cleats will not be allowed, only tennis shoes or plastic / rubber cleats.
- All players must wear protective mouthpieces during each practice and each game. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Under current guidelines, players are encouraged to wear masks before and after league activities and while on the sidelines. Players are not required to wear masks while engaged in football activities, but they do have the option of wearing masks if preferred by parents.
Team practices for will begin the week of Monday, January 4. Practices will last approximately one (1) hour and teams will have the ability to practice once per week. On Saturday, January 9, teams will be assigned an additional practice hour so there will be three (3) practices before games begin.
- League play for all divisions is scheduled to begin on Saturday, January 16, and there will be no scrimmage games before the start of the regular season.
- For all divisions, teams will be scheduled to participate in six (6) regular season games followed by either a bowl game or a single elimination post-season tournament.
- The number of games and practices, dates, times, and locations, for all divisions, are subject to change based upon total registration (team numbers) and weather conditions.
- The Athletic Program Manager, or his designee, reserves the right to modify the total number of games, regular season and post-season schedules, as needed so that the season can end in a reasonable amount of time.
- League games may also be scheduled on weeknights in the event of schedule changes or postponements. Please be prepared to play on weeknights for tournament play
Under current guidelines, please be aware that:
- League officials, team coaches, and PARC staff will be required to wear masks at all times during practices and games.
- Players are encouraged to wear masks before and after league activities and while on the sidelines. Players are not required to wear masks while engaged in football activities, but they do have the option of wearing masks if preferred by parents.
- Spectators must wear masks when 6-ft of physical distancing from non-same-household members cannot be maintained.
INCLEMENT WEATHER HOTLINE
Return to the Flag Football main page