The safety and well-being of everyone who visits our PARC facilities are always our primary concerns. All Cornelius parks are open and most fields, courts, and picnic shelters are available for reservation. In accordance with the governor’s orders, all who visit must practice social distancing (6 feet apart) or wear a mask when social distancing cannot be maintained (see Executive Order 180). Basketball courts are for individual play only and non-contact activities, where players can maintain 6’ of social distancing, are allowed. For tennis and pickleball play, refer to this USTA safety tip sheet for guidelines. For all other sports, refer to this NCDHHS guidance for sports (updated December 8).
Before you have your team practice, birthday party, family reunion or business retreat, you need to make a reservation.
- Facility Rental Fees
- PLEASE NOTE: Inflatables are NOT allowed with private rentals in any of our parks.
- Shelter Reservation Request Form - Must be submitted with each shelter reservation request.
- Bailey Road Park
- #1- between baseball fields - 504 sq.ft, 3 picnic tables
- #2- above soccer fields - 504 sq.ft, 3 picnic tables
- #3- next to farm playground - 600 sq.ft., 4 picnic tables
- Legion Park - 1,050 sq.ft., 6 picnic tables
- Robbins Park - 308 sq.ft., 2 picnic tables
- Smithville Park - 1,395 sq.ft., 8 picnic tables
- Torrence Chapel Park - 667 sq.ft., 4 picnic tables
- Bailey Road Park
- All reservable shelters have charcoal grills.
- Shelter reservation inquiries: Email or call 704-892-6031 ext. 160 or stop by the PARC office, located at Cornelius Town Hall, 21445 Catawba Avenue, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- NOTE: Jetton Park, Ramsey Creek Park and Blythe Landing are Mecklenburg County Parks. Get information here regarding reserving these parks, call 311 (704-336-3854), or visit the Mecklenburg County Park & Recreation website.
- Forms & Policies for Athletic Facility Rentals
- For baseball and softball fields, synthetic turf and multi-purpose fields (soccer, football, lacrosse, etc.) and Bailey Road Park track: Email David Moore or call 704-892-6031 ext. 161 to confirm availability for a field at your favorite park or the track before mailing in your form and check.
- For court (including tennis, pickleball, sand volleyball & outdoor basketball) & gaga pit reservation inquiries: Email Shelby Cruse or call 704-892-6031 ext. 169 to confirm availability for a field at your favorite park before mailing in your form and check.
- AT THIS TIME, INDOOR SPACES CANNOT BE RESERVED
For gym and other indoor recreation center space reservation inquiries: Email John Anderson or call 704-892-6031 ext. 188 for more information before mailing in your form and check.