Mission Statement & Values
Police Annual Report
Police Vehicle Pursuit Policy
CharMeck Alerts Cornelius
False Alarm Reduction Program
ICE Victim Notification Program
Update Cornelius Police Suspect in Stabbing Incident Transported from Hospital to Jail
- On Tuesday, April 14, 2015, Joshua Thomas Sloop, suspect in the April 12 Stabbing Incident in Cornelius was released from Carolinas Medical Center and transported to the Mecklenburg County Jail. Sloop is currently being held on a $217,500 bond.
Officer Russell & K9 Britt locate lost car keys for a visiting family
- Great job Officer Russell and K9 Britt for helping a family find their lost car keys on Saturday at the Westmoreland Athletic Complex in Cornelius.
Vehicle Pursuit of Suspect on 04/09/15
- On Thursday, April 9, 2015 at approximately 6:46 pm, Officers with the Cornelius Police Department were involved in a vehicle pursuit with a stolen vehicle from Charlotte, NC.
Cornelius Police Department seeks crossing guard
- The Cornelius Police Department is seeking a civilian crossing guard to cover the crosswalk in front of Cornelius Elementary School, 21126 Catawba Ave.
Cornelius Police Charge Two Suspects with Arson at Bailey Road Park
- On Monday, March 30, 2015, Cornelius Police responded to Bailey Road Park in reference to fire damage in the women's restroom. Officers observed a broken paper towel dispenser, burnt debris and heavy damage to the bathroom floor from the fire.
UPDATE - 2nd Suspect Arrested in Cornelius Armed Bank Robbery Case
- On Monday, March 9, 2015, Cornelius Police were contacted by the Texas Department of Public Safety in Wichita Falls, TX in reference to the arrest of Benoit Constant, the second suspect in the December 29, 2014 armed robbery case.
Cornelius Police Warn of Duke Energy Phone Scam
- The Cornelius Police Department is warning residents and business owners of a recent phone scam in the area.
Chief Hoyle recognized by Chief Justice of the NC Supreme Court
- On March 4, 2015, Cornelius Police Chief Bence Hoyle was publicly recognized by the Chief Justice of the NC Supreme Court, Mark Martin, during his State of the Judiciary address.
Don't be a victim. Get in the H.A.B.I.T
- With the weather warming up, the Cornelius Police Department urges residents to get in the HABIT, an acronym for Halt Auto Break Ins Today.
Stay connected in Cornelius with CharMeck Alerts
- CharMeck Alerts is a county-wide notification system that enables officials to share information quickly throughout the county, including the Town of Cornelius and other towns.
21440 Catawba Avenue
Cornelius, NC 28031
Monthly Crime Statistics
Pay NC Ticket
When is it appropriate to dial 911?
How do I register my alarm system?
How do I file a complaint against an officer or the Police Department?
21445 Catawba Ave.
P.O. Box 399
Cornelius, NC 28031
Policies & Disclaimers
Powered by CivicPlus