Transportation & Transit
Jetton Road Safety Study - 1 Year LaterBackground
- In 2016 the Town retained WSP/Parsons-Brinckerhoff to perform a safety study of Jetton Road from West Catawba Avenue to Charles Towne Lane.
- WSP traffic engineers presented the study findings and discussed alternatives for resolving safety issues at the September 19, 2016 Town Board meeting.
- Through early 2017, the Town conducted a survey of area residents and businesses.
- At the February 6, 2017 Town Board meeting, the Board voted to reduce the speed limit along the Jetton Road corridor to a consistent 35 MPH and to revisit the safety concerns in one year.
On April 25, 2018 the Town will host a meeting to provide an update. Town staff will give a brief presentation, followed by a discussion with attendees. Key findings:
- There have been 9 accidents at the Jetton/Old Jetton intersection in the past 12 months.
- The average number of accidents at the Jetton/Old Jetton intersection for the previous 7 years has been 6 accidents/year.
- Reducing the speed limit to 35 MPH did not have a positive effect on safety.
Date: Wednesday, April 25, 2018
Time: 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Location: Peninsula Club (19101 Peninsula Club Drive)
Your Feedback Wanted
Once again, we are seeking the feedback of those most affected by any potential change - the residents and businesses in the Jetton Road area. We appreciate you taking the time to complete this important survey.
The survey deadline is May 18, 2018.